STATE RECORDS CENTER
Online Records Request Form
Targeted Assistance Program
The State Records Center provides low-cost, secure storage for records that must be maintained for audit, fiscal, legal, or administrative needs, but are no longer used frequently enough to justify storing the records on-site, which is generally more expensive. For records stored in the State Records Center, both legal control and control of access to the records are retained by the agency until the records are either transferred to the State Archives or destroyed.
Records must have an approved disposition order or record schedule to be stored in the State Records Center. In addition, agencies wishing to transfer records for the first time to the State Records Center must go through the Targeted Assistance Program (TAP) to establish record retention requirements. Series that have not been used for transfers since July 2008 and/or do not have an approved disposition order or record schedule have been discontinued. Agencies wishing to reactivate these series must also go through TAP.
Record Center services include:
- Box Pickup
- Records storage
- Records retrieval (requests are generally processed within 24 hours during the business week)
- Records destruction based on approved record retention policies
- Refiles and interfiles for semi-active records
- VSARA-12: Request to Use the State Records Center
- Online Box Transfer via Versatile Web Module (Must have a user name and password and access via GovNet)**
- VSARA-05: Box Transfer List (Click on the Save button to save your own local copy.)
- VSARA-04: Records Pick Up Request (Montpelier/Waterbury BGS postal route only)
- VSARA-28: Record Delivery Request (submit incomplete form to VSARA for authorization before delivering records or contracting delivery services)
Re-filing or Interfiling Records (See Procedure for Re-filing and Interfiling Records)
VSARA-32: Request to Re-File or Interfile Records
- VSARA-06: Interfile Transfer Cover Sheet (Must have Authorization to Interfile before submitting interfile)
Retention Holds (See Procedure for Requesting or Releasing a Retention Hold)
**Records officers and liaisons interested in having an account to use the Versatile web module need to contact the State Records Center Supervisor.
To learn more about the STATE RECORDS CENTER, CONTACT:
- CHRIS FLORA, Supervisor
- PHONE: 802-828-3280
This page was last updated on: 2013-05-13.