GENERAL RECORD SCHEDULES (GRS)
Notice of Adoption (VSARA-11)
State Agency Record Schedules
Local Agency Record Schedules
Targeted Assistance Program
Records Management Handbook
General Record Schedules (GRS) are developed by the Vermont State Archives and Records Administration (VSARA) to provide consistency in recordkeeping by Vermont public agencies for common functions and activities. Any Vermont public agency may adopt any or all of the requirements in a general record schedule approved by the Vermont State Archivist.
VERMONT GENERAL RECORD SCHEDULES (Learn how to Adopt General Record Schedules). Additional schedules are under development.
- Accounting Records (GRS-1000.1002). Approved January 2011
- Administrative Policy Records (GRS-1000.1102). Approved March 2009
- Appointment Records (GRS-1493.1004). Approved April 2012
- Audit Records (GRS-1000.1007). Approved January 2012
- Budget Records (GRS-1000.1012). Approved April 2012
- Contracting Files (GRS-1000.1126). Approved March 2009
- Enforcement Records (GRS-1000.1033). Approved November 2013
- Grants Management Records (GRS-1000.1110). Approved February 2011
- Investigation Records (GRS-1000.1100). Approved October 2012
- Land Use and Related Permits (GRS-1482.1104). December 2011
- Marketing Records (GRS-1000.1062). Approved December 2011
- Monitoring Records (GRS-1000.1063). Approved April 2012
- Operational / Managerial Records (GRS-1000.1103). Approved March 2009
- Payroll Management Records (GRS-1009.1103). Approved May 2010
- Personnel Files (GRS-1304-1103). Approved June 2012
- Professional Services Licensing Files (GRS-1181.1059). Approved December 2009
- Transitory Records (GRS-1000.1000). Approved December 2010
- GRS for Public Utilities (March 2011 -- does not yet include all utilities)
- GRS for State Lands (January 2013)
Please note that internal policies must be reviewed and approved by VSARA to use the State Records Center or transfer records into the Vermont State Archives. A transfer agreement (VSARA-12) from the Vermont State Archives and Records Administration and additional documentation may also be required.
To learn more about Managing Records, please contact us at: . Specific staff contact information is located on our staff contact page.
This page was last updated on: 2013-11-12.