State Papers of Vermont and
Miscellaneous Archives Publications
All publications in the State Papers of Vermont series are available through the Vermont Department of Libraries, 109 State Street, Montpelier, VT 05609-0601. Prices include postage and handling. (Vermont residents add sales tax).
- VOLUME I: INDEX TO THE PAPERS OF THE SURVEYORS GENERAL Prepared by Franklin H. Dewart. 170 pp. 1918. Reprinted 1973. $5.
- VOLUME II: CHARTERS GRANTED BY THE STATE OF VERMONT Being Transcripts of Early Charters of Townships and Smaller Tracts of Land Granted by the State of Vermont; with an appendix containing...Historical and Bibliographical Notes Relative to Vermont Towns, Continued and Brought up to Date. Edited by Franklin H. Dewart. 424 pp. 1922. Reprinted 1974. $5. [More on charters]
- VOLUME III: JOURNALS AND PROCEEDINGS OF THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF VERMONT...with Explanatory Notes. In separate parts or volumes; Parts I-IV edited by Walter H. Crockett, Parts V-VII edited by Marlene B. Wallace and John A. Williams.
- Part I. March 1778 through June 1781. With an introduction by James B. Wilbur. 288 pp. 1924. Reprinted 1974. $5.
- Part II. October 1781 through October 1783. 232 pp. 1925. Reprinted 1977. $5.
- Part III. February 1784 through March 1787. 359 pp. 1928. $5.
- Part IV. October 1787 through January 1791. 307 pp. 1929. $5.
(Currently out of print).
- Part V. October 1791 through November 1792. 263 pp. 1970. $5.
- Part VI. October 1793 through November 1794. 344 pp. 1972. $5.
- Part VII. October 1795 through November 1796. 441 pp. 1973. $5.
- Part VIII. October 1797 through November 1799. 721 pp. 1978. $13.
- VOLUME IV: REPORTS OF COMMITTEE TO THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF THE
STATE OF VERMONT, 1778-1801, with Explanatory Notes. Edited by
Walter H. Crockett. 257 pp. 1932. $5. (Currently out of
- VOLUME V: PETITIONS FOR GRANTS OF LAND, 1778-1811. Edited by
Mary Greene Nye. 547 pp. 1939. $5. (Currently out of print).
- VOLUME VI: SESQUESTRATION, CONFISCATION, AND SALE OF ESTATES
(Loyalist material, 1777-1822). Edited by Mary Greene Nye. 476 pp.
- VOLUME VII: NEW YORK LAND PATENTS, 1688-1786: Covering Land Now
Included in the State of Vermont (Not including Military Patents).
Edited by Mary Greene Nye. 547 pp. 1941. $5. (Currently out of print).
- VOLUME VIII: GENERAL PETITIONS, 1778-1787. Edited by Edward A.
Hoyt. 458 pp. 1952. $5. (Currently out of print).
- VOLUME IX: GENERAL PETITIONS, 1788-1792. Edited by Edward A.
Hoyt. 506 pp. 1955. $5.
- VOLUME X: GENERAL PETITIONS, 1793-1796. Edited by Allen Soule.
470 pp. 1958. $5.
- VOLUME XI: GENERAL PETITIONS, 1797-1799. Edited by Allen Soule.
494 pp. 1962. $6.50
- VOLUME XII: LAWS OF VERMONT, 1778-1780, Constitution of Vermont
1777. Edited by Allen Soule. 249 pp. 1964. $5.
- VOLUME XIII: LAWS OF VERMONT, 1781-1784. Edited by John A.
Williams. 327 pp. 1965. $5.
- VOLUME XIV: LAWS OF VERMONT, 1785-1791. Edited by John A.
Williams. 629 pp. 1966. $5.
- VOLUME XV: LAWS OF VERMONT, 1791-1795, Constitution of 1793.
Edited by John A. Williams. 504 pp. 1967. $5.50
- VOLUME XVI: LAWS OF VERMONT, 1796-1799. Edited by John A.
Williams. 528 pp. 1968. $6.
- VOLUME XVII: THE PUBLIC PAPERS OF THOMAS CHITTENDEN: 1778-1789,
1790-1797. Edited by John A. Williams. 1027 pp. 1969. $8.
- VOLUME XVIII: A GUIDE TO THE PAPERS OF VERMONT'S GOVERNORS.
Compiled by Julie P. Cox. 144 pp. 1985.
- VOLUME XIX: VERMONT MUNICIPALITIES: An Index to their Charters
and Special Acts. Edited and Compiled by D. Gregory Sanford. 152
- VOLUME XX: VERMONT CORPORATIONS: An Index to Private
Corporations Formed By the Legislature. Edited and Compiled by D.
Gregory Sanford. 217 pp. 1987. A database of current
corporations is also available]
- VOLUME XXI: VERMONT ELECTIONS: 1789-1989. Compiled and Edited
by Christie Carter. 363 pp. 1989. $10. An updated version of this
book is available online. [Database of
results also available]
- VOLUME XXII: VERMONT LEGISLATIVE REPORTS: An Index to Reports found in the Journals of the Vermont House and Senate. 32 pp. 1991.
Publications available from the State Archives, Office of the
Secretary of State, 26 Terrace Street, Montpelier, VT 05609-1103
include the following (prices include postage and handling):
- A Guide to the Henry Stevens, Sr. Collection at the Vermont State Archives. 162 pp. 1991. By Eleazer D. Durfee and D. Gregory Sanford
- Records of the Council of Censors of the State of Vermont. 817 pp. 1991. Edited by Paul S. Gillies and D. Gregory Sanford
- A Book of Opinions, Volumes I & II. 1056 pp. 1992. By James H. Douglas and Paul S. Gillies. Edited by Joel Cope, Elizabeth Landolt and Paul S. Gillies. ($35.00 set) (No longer in Print)
- The General Assembly: A Potpourri. 73 pp. 1994. Compiled by the Vermont State Archives ($3.50)
This page was last updated on: 2012-06-13.