Registered Agent Changes & Resignations
A Change of Registered Agent or Agent Address is used to update one or more of the following on your business or nonprofit registration:
- The registered agent.
- The physical address of your registered agent (a.k.a. the Registered Office).
- The mailing address of your registered agent.
- The email address of your registered agent.
Online filing is the preferred method. There is no extra fee and turnaround times are much faster. To begin your online registration, please log in to our Online Business Service Center:
Registration by Mail
To file a Change of Registered Agent or Office, you must do so by mail with the form provided at the bottom of this page.
If you are currently on record with the Office of the Secretary of State as the registered agent of a business, nonprofit, or trade name and no longer choose to be, you may either:
- Resign directly with the business or nonprofit entity, requesting that the entity replace you by filing a Change of Registered Agent or Office (as explained above),
- The registered agent may file a Statement of Resignation directly to the Office of the Secretary of State to be removed as registered agent on public record:
To file a Statement of Resignation of a Registered Agent, you must do so by mail with the form provided at the bottom of this page.
Coming soon: Registered agent resignations will be available for online filing.