General Record Schedules
General Record Schedules (GRS) provide consistency in recordkeeping by Vermont public agencies for common functions and activities carried out by more than one public agency. Any Vermont public agency may adopt any or all of the requirements in a general record schedule approved by the Vermont State Archivist and implement through their own internal policies and procedures. Please see How to Adopt GRS for more information.
General Record Schedules (GRS)
- Accounting Records (GRS-1000.1002). Approved January 2011.
- Administrative Policy Records (GRS-1000.1102). Approved March 2009.
- Appointment Records (GRS-1493.1004). Approved April 2012.
- Audit Records (GRS-1000.1007). Approved January 2012.
- Budget Records (GRS-1000.1012). Approved April 2012.
- Contracting Files (GRS-1000.1126). Approved March 2009.
- Enforcement Records (GRS-1000.1033). Approved November 2013.
- Grants Management Records (GRS-1000.1110). Approved February 2011.
- Investigation Records (GRS-1000.1100). Approved October 2012.
- Land Use and Related Permits (GRS-1482.1104). December 2011.
- Marketing Records (GRS-1000.1062). Approved December 2011.
- Monitoring Records (GRS-1000.1063). Approved April 2012.
- Operational / Managerial Records (GRS-1000.1103). Approved March 2009.
- Payroll Management Records (GRS-1009.1103). Approved May 2010.
- Personnel Files (GRS-1304-1103). Approved June 2012.
- Professional Services Licensing Files (GRS-1181.1059). Approved December 2009.
- Tax Appeals (GRS-1570.1108). Approved July 2014.
- Tax Assessments and Related Records (GRS-1570.1170). Approved July 2014.
- Transitory Records (GRS-1000.1000). Approved December 2010.
- GRS for Public Utilities (March 2011—does not yet include all utilities.)
- GRS for State Lands (January 2013)
Additional general record schedules are under development.
Business functions and activities performed by just one public agency are addressed through agency-specific record schedules (SRS). SRS may only be used by the agency to which the schedule was issued. SRS are only issued to agencies that have initiated action with VSARA to update their records management programs following the passing of new records management laws in 2008.