VERMONT STATE ARCHIVES AND RECORDS ADMINISTRATION
The Vermont State Archives and Records Administration (VSARA) will will close Friday, December 6th, at 11:30 a.m. for an officewide meeting. We will resume regular operating hours on Monday, December 9, 2013.
Spotlight on Records
State Records Center
Vermont Standards and Best Practices
Welcome to the Vermont State Archives and Records Administration (VSARA). VSARA was created by Act 96 of 2008, which merged the Vermont State Archives and Division of Public Records, Department of Buildings and General Services, into one division within the Office of the Vermont Secretary of State.
The division is responsible for the following core functions:
- Records and Information Management
- State Records Center
- Preservation and Access to Permanent Records of the State of Vermont
- Birth, Death, Marriage, Civil Union, and Divorce Certificates
- Administrative Procedure Act / Rulemaking
- Record Authentication Services (includes Apostilles)
- Notaries Public
To learn more about the Vermont State Archives and Records Administration (VSARA):
Call 802-828-3700 or visit our Contact Page.
This page was last updated on: 2013-10-07.